EE 049060: System Aspects of Computer Networks
Welcome to the course!
Paper List (all the papers are available from the Technion):
- All the papers in SIGCOMM’17, except “dRMT”
- The slides of all the papers are there. Also the author websites sometimes contain more info.
- Be aware that papers can look quite different. For instance, some papers are hardware-oriented; some have more math; etc.
- All the papers in NSDI’17, as long as they are related to networking.
The course grade components are:
- 75% presentation (1 or 2 presentation(s), depending on the number of students)
- 25% active participation in class (e.g. criticisms of the presented algorithm, suggestions of improvements, etc.)
- Please include at the start a long background and related work (up to an hour), so that students can easily follow the paper. (Google Scholar can help.).
- Also include at the end several slides with suggestions and criticisms on the paper (important!).
- You have the full two hours if you want, but of course can take less. Just make sure that we don't have to cut your talk at the end.
Attendance is expected. Email if you need to skip more than one meeting in the semester.
- Lecturer: Prof. Isaac Keslassy (EE)
- Email: isaac (at) ee.technion.ac.il
- Course hours: Tue. 13:30-15:30.
- Course objective: Study the design of networks through recent SIGCOMM-like papers.