EE 049045: Router Architectures
- Course website: The course is now on Moodle - please check it there.
- Course hours: Mon., 16:30-18:30, Meyer 353
- Course objective: Study the design of packet switches and Internet routers.
Lecturer: Dr. Isaac Keslassy
- Room: Meyer 903
- Phone: 829-5738
- Email: isaac (at) ee.technion.ac.il
- Office hours: Mon. 14:30-16:30 (email before)
- Introduction: What is a router? How does it work?
- Output queueing: Work-conservation.
- Input queueing: Head-of-line blocking. Switch scheduling. Bipartite graph matching. CIOQ architecture. Proof of stability using Lyapunov functions. Birkhoff-von Neumann decomposition.
- Buffered crossbars
- Load-balanced routers
(Also available on the official Technion website.)