Students PC Farm
Starting November 15th, 2010 maintenance operations will be performed on PCFARM computers and servers every Sunday between 08:00 and 10:00. During this maintenance window, service & communication disruptions may occur.
Information and Resources Related to PC Farm
Instructions for new student - please click here
The PCFARM is located in Rooms 220, 240 (Fishbach Building) and in Room 264 (Bella Meyer Building). The farms are open 24 hours a day, including holidays.
Who is eligible for an account:
- All Electrical Engineering Department students.
- Technion students who are learning a combined degree with Electrical Engineering (015, 025).
- Students of other faculties, who are currently learning one or more particular (not any) EE courses, can get account too.
Note, that for these categories accounts are automatically opened (and closed) at the beginning of each semester according to lists we receiving from ANAM. Students, who registered late for EE courses, may not be on the list. Such students may need to refer to for opening the account by changing t2 password. For assistance please open helpdesk request by sending email to email@example.com
Requests to open account via email or phone will not be accepted.
Your disk quota is 200 MB - this is the total space allocated for your files. If you run out of space please check for unnecessary files in your home directory and remove them. We also suggest that you zip as many files as possible - this may help you to store more files, without removing them.
Your account will be locked for 12 hours after 20 unsuccessful login attempt within one hour.
Your home directory (drive Z:) resides on share name: \\ds-ef-home.efit.technion.ac.il\username. You may map the directory (within Technion network) to another drive if you desire so and you may access your files over FTP by FTP-ing to ee-ftp-stud.ef.technion.ac.il (184.108.40.206).
It is possible to use PC-Farm computer services via Terminal Server. In order to do so: use Remote Desktop Client (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Remote Desktop Connection) to connect to ipcfarm.ef.technion.ac.il and use your td-ef\username and password from the PC-Farm account.
- From within the Technion Network or Technion Connection: just follow the instructions above.
- From another service provider (Netvision, 012 etc.): First create a VPN connection to Technion network. (For Instructions click here)
One can connect a PC-FARM printer to a personal LAPTOP computer following the instruction here.
We are aware of the needs and requests of users but sometimes we must prohibit changes to assist the general welfare of all users. We apologize to the more advanced users for not being able to let them change the work environment to suit the specific needs.
Things you must not do:
- Your account is private and personal and is only for academic use.
- You should never, under any circumstances allow another person access to your account!!!
- Never reply any email asking for your details and pasword!!! it is a phishing email.
For any software problems, please report to firstname.lastname@example.org